Tuesday 5 December 2017

My Glossier Favourites

It's basically your skin, but better..


As most of you can probably guess, I have a bit of an unhealthy obsession with Glossier. When I say unhealthy, I mean my bank account was on its deathbed because the products aren't exactly drugstore priced. But I will say this, it's not super super expensive so in a way I guess it's fairly priced? *can't you see I'm trying to justify my crazy obsession?!*

I am someone who loves the 'no-makeup makeup' look, I opt for very light coverage, something that looks very fresh, dewy and healthy. I have a combination oily-to-dry skin but I'd rather look like an oil slick than the Sahara desert. Glossier gives me just that - from their skincare to the makeup. I adore it, and I've been meaning to write a dedicated post about it so here I am. I have yet to try ALL of their products, but it's fair to say I have quite a few (and I already repurchased one item!)

The first thing I bought as soon as they started shipping to the UK was the Glossier Phase 1 Set and it includes their best selling products which are the Milky Jelly Cleanser, Balm Dot Com and Priming Moisturizer. I absolutely love the Milky Jelly Cleanser and the Balm Dot Com (I have in the Birthday flavour) though I'm not the biggest fan of the priming moisturizer. I feel like it doesn't really do much - it did feel moisturising at first but nothing tops my Chanel Hydra Beauty Gel Creme - I wrote about this in my Sunday Splurge post. And I find that sometimes when I use it, I get tiny white bumps on my face. I don't know what it is but that can't be a good thing, right? Or it could be just my skin. I still use it though but only for the sake of getting my money's worth.


The Milky Jelly Cleanser is one of the most gentle cleanser I've ever used. It has a jelly like consistency to it, a faint rose smell and my face always feels like a baby's bum after every wash. It also claims to be a make-up remover, but I haven't experimented with that so I can't really tell. However, a few beauty bloggers and YouTubers such as The Anna Edit, Allana Davison and Ingrid Nilsen said that it doesn't seem to work as one so I don't even bother. I already have a back up (bought it on Black Friday!) so at least I won't have to spend another £18 + shipping for just one item.

I think I've mentioned what the Balm Dot Com is in my My Ultimate Go To Products For A Minimal Look post but it's basically a lip balm, or a universal skin salve, as they call it - this means you can apply it to your cuticles, dry patches, everywhere - and it really does gives an extra moisture and it smells like a birthday cake! Since The Anna Edit and Allana Davison loves the Skin Tint and Cloud Paint so much, you know I just had to get it for myself. I have the Skin Tint in dark and the Cloud Paint in Dusk. Again, I wrote about this so I won't add too much to it but I will say this - I bought it when Glossier had a pop-up shop in London for a few days a couple of weeks ago and you know your girl had to go. A couple of friends and I went straight from uni. The dedication and love is real.

















I actually told myself after my latter purchases I wasn't going to spend anymore - boy, was I wrong about that! I caved in when I saw they had a 20% off on Black Friday (you can use this code for 10% off on your first purchase!) and decided to get the Glossier Phase Set 2. I mean, it's only fair that I do - I already have the set 1, might as well get the second one! Am I right? Hehehe.

As you can probably already tell, set 2 is more on the makeup side. The set includes it's best selling Boy Brow (I got in the shade Clear), the Stretch Concealer in dark and the Generation G sheer matte lipstick in Zip. What's not included in the set is the Haloscope - mine is in the shade Topaz.

The Boy Brow is a tinted brow gel and that's not much to say about it really - I mean I personally don't really do anything to my brows since they're pretty thick naturally, I just fill in any sparse areas with my Eylure Shape and Shade Brow Pencil and Tamer and set it with the clear Boy Brow. I don't really know how to judge it but it's alright, it sets my eyebrows into place.


The concealer has very light coverage and is very hydrating, especially under the eyes. If you're not into the 'natural' or 'is she even wearing any makeup' type of look, then this concealer is not for you. It does cover dark circles fairly nicely if you ask me, but it's not going to make you look like a China doll.  I do have to powder it though since my under eyes crease easily.

The Gen G's lipsticks are very sheer, it's kind of like a tinted lip balm (I swatched them all at the showroom) but it's not bad. Zip definitely has a lot more pigment than the other shades but it's alright. Not a must have but it's alright. I do want to get the rest of the shades though, just for the sake of having it. *RIP bank account*

Of course I had to get the Haloscope. I tested it when I went to the showroom and I love how subtle yet dewy the effect that it gave on my skin. It gives like this nice sun-kissed glow to your skin and I bloody love it. I honestly cannot get enough of the glow, I sometimes pound layers of it on and it still looks natural. Mind you, Glossier is not for everyone but if you really want to try their brand, I say go for it because I am already contemplating on giving myself an early Christmas present. And I don't even celebrate Christmas! God damn it..



Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all.