Wednesday 8 November 2017

Sunday Splurge: New Skincare Items


On Sunday, I went to Harrods with my parents because my mum wanted to repurchase the Double Wear Powder makeup and the Advance Night Repair serum both by Esteé Lauder. I tried the serum before because it was really raved about everywhere on social media and my mum seems to really love it but I find that it didn't really do anything for me. So while we were in Harrods, I thought why not repurchase things for myself too?

Ever since I started working, I've been able to spend anything for myself without feeling guilty. Of course rather than feeling guilty, I do feel a rush of regret for a moment but it goes away, unless I overspend it which will never happen (I hope). I knew what I wanted to buy and set my head straight to purchase that and only that so while my mum was at the Esteé Lauder counter, I walked pass all the luxurious smell of makeup and skincare from Charlotte Tillbury to La Mer to Chantecaille and stumbled upon the Chanel counter.

Now, Chanel is just as boujee as Esteé if not boujee-er (is that even a word?), but I did buy this with my own money so I think I'm allowed to splurge a little bit on something I love and work wonders for my skin. I repurchased the Chanel Hydra Beauty Gel Creme and I have been using this moisturiser for years - I think I was 18 the first time I tried it and have been a fan of it ever since - and for someone who has a combination oily to dry skin like I do, it works like a dream. The moisturiser is not heavy and it sinks right into the skin, especially back when I was living in Malaysia where it was always humid, it wasn't greasy on my skin at all. And honestly almost every time after I apply it on my skin, I feel like a million dollars - and I'm not just saying that because it did cost me almost a million dollars. *The feeling of regret is back, goddamn it.*



However, this time I bought the gel based version because over the years I feel like the cream based moisturiser got a little bit heavy on my skin so now I opt for the gel based, which works equally the same, just lighter on the skin. After a sigh of both relief and regret, I turned a blind eye to all other beauty brands and walked straight to where my parents were and my mum has bought her stuff too. Just when I thought I didn't want to spend anymore of my pound notes, I remembered that both my toner and eye cream are down to their last drops, so I had to spend a little more.

Prior to this, I did use the Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel as my toner but after months of using it, I find that it really didn't do anything to my skin which was a bummer, but I continued using it anyway until the very last drop because that stuff costed me around £15 plus shipping (I got it from Amazon) so I was going to make my money's worth. The eye cream that I was using was the Soap & Glory Puffy Eye Attack eye cream but just like the Thayers toner, it didn't really do much. The first time I tried it though, I did see a minor difference but the dark circle under my eyes are just too bad so it wasn't strong enough to help me, I guess.



So I ended up buying the Kiehl's Calendula Herbal Extract toner and Creamy Eye Treatment with Avacodo to replace my two skincare item must have. I have used both products only for a few days so I can't really say anything about it yet though, but I was thinking about writing another post on that, a skincare update routine, or something along those line. Not gonna lie, I have been enjoying writing a different content for my blog lately. Whether there are any audiences or not, I'm enjoying it and that's all that matters. And that's always a good thing, to enjoy what you're doing. Unless you enjoy killing people.... no, don't do that sh*t.

Anyway, I do realise the products that I mentioned are a bit of a splurge but if it works, then why not buy it? Plus, I worked hard for the money I earned, so it's like an early Christmas gift to myself, from myself. And I don't even celebrate Christmas! I'll be sure to write an update on the toner and eye cream though, along with my other skincare products that I use. Still have yet to write about Glossier, but I'll save that for another time. 
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all.